I live in Tucson with my husband, three smallish kids, dogs (the number always varies as we foster homeless critters) and one surprisingly large goldfish.
- I’m an assistant professor and program director of the University of Arizona South Organizational Leadership program. I served as adjunct faculty for the program for 8 years prior to joining the faculty full-time.
- I spent my entire career in communications and marketing, most recently as Arizona Public Media’s (AZPM) Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, where I was responsible for leading AZPM’s marketing, promotions, branding, and communication efforts including social media strategies. This included both the local NPR station as well as PBS6. Prior to that, I worked in the utility industry in a variety of marketing/communications related jobs. If you want to know what ‘line loss’ is or how coal, natural-gas or solar power plants generate electricity, I’m your (wo)man.
- I’m a freelance writer and journalist when time permits. See my Writing page for links to samples of my work.
- My husband and I have been active in dog rescue for many years. This is why we have four dogs in the ‘permanent’ pack. They are all hounds – three Beagles and one Hound-ish stubby little lady. If you ring the doorbell at our house, it sounds like there’s a fox hunt commencing in the living room.
- I have written two books. The first one was my ‘starter’ book (translation: it wasn’t very good); the second one is ‘No Kidding’ and it’s available on Amazon.com. I have another book lurking in the dark recesses of my mind, and am trying to carve out time to write it.
For a more ‘official’ bio, here’s a piece from Greater Tucson Leadership, where I’m a Governing Board Member:
A long-time Tucsonan, Romi holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with dual majors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship from the University of Arizona; she holds a Master’s of Business Administration from the UA’s Eller Graduate School of Management.
Romi has more than 20 years’ experience in marketing and communications management. Her experience includes marketing strategy, consumer outreach, internal and external communications, public and media relations, digital marketing and market research.
As a freelance writer, Romi contributes frequently to a variety of local publications, including Biz Tucson and Tucson Lifestyle Home & Garden. She was a technology columnist for the Tucson Citizen for 11 years.
Romi is active in the Tucson community and currently serves on the board of the Greater Tucson Leadership Program and Southern Arizona Beagle Rescue. She also actively volunteers at her children’s school.